Buildings dated listed by County (see left navigation bars)
Tree-Ring Services are specialists in obtaining a precise date of construction for timber-farmed buildings in the UK. Sampling involves the taking of a number of small pencil like cores from timbers and this process normally takes around 3-4 hours.
Full dendrochronological analysis usually takes 6-8 weeks; the final report is full colour and includes the methodology, a floor plan and photographic record of sampling locations. Where dating is successful a certificate of dendrochronological provenance is also issued. Fast track (4-week analysis) is sometimes possible at a small additional cost.
Contact us at Enquiries@tree-ring.co.uk if you have any queries or would like a quote. It often helps to include photos of timbers with e-mail communication, if you would like an initial assessment. Please be aware though that not all timbers can be dated through tree-ring analysis, the two main requirements in the UK are: a suitable species (oak, pine or yew), and timbers containing sufficient rings (ideally more than 50 rings).
Locating a report or a tree-ring dated house
Buildings dated in Other Counties
- CFA Archaeology Ltd – Providing archaeological services, from desk based assessments, full scale excavations and historic building surveying. Based in Scotland & North of England.
- The Mills Research Group
- Minerva Heritage Ltd – Offer archaeological and heritage services throughout the North of England and are based in the historic city of Lancaster.
- Norfolk Historic Buildings Group – Norfolk Historic Buildings Group
- The Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings
- Yorkshire Vernacular Building Studies